Sunday, September 11, 2016

Decorating - Farm house and shabby chic

I really liked the bohemian style throughout college, but as I decorate my home, I am drawn to a more mature, trendy, famhouse, industrial-chic look.  Here are pictures of what this looks like in my house!






This is my fall room inspiration.  I get bored quickly, and like to change things up occasionally.  Thats why I picked whites and beiges, so I can change my sheets and pillows and other decor easily as trends and my style changes.

I actually made this headboard with my dad from an old gate I bought at an antique shop for $15.  We added those lights from home depot.


Here is an old bar cart turned into a record area.



LAMP DIY:

I bought an old, hideous red lamp shade from Goodwill from $3.  I also bought some fabric there. (did you know they had fabric swatches!?)  I tore and cut up the pieces of fabric into about 3 foot long strips.  I tied bows along the bottom and then I wrapped pieces on top and tied more bows.  I LOVE how it turned out.



This was a door I found for free in someone's trash pile.  I wasn't sure what to do with it, especially since it had a panel missing.  So, it sat for a while... then it sat some more.  Finally I got inspired to make it into a coat rack!  I added the knob and hooks from Hobby Lobby, and I directly hung the key hooks onto the wall.  The missing panel frames it so well.  I really like how it turned out.













No comments:

Post a Comment